Hi!

> looking at Ralph's comment in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-254
> I am questionning myself, if there's any reason why vfs 2.0 should
> still
> have JDK 1.4 as requirement and not JDK 1.5.

If it is just me, I'd be happy to drop 1.4 dependency - Past votes were
declined. Probably the time is ripe now.

If it is worth to generify the API is another story - as Ralph pointed out, the
next logical step for VFS is to support the upcomming JDK 1.7 file.spi stuff.
That is also my view, and hopefully falls into times where I have more time
left to spend for VFS again.
Having a complete new api I see no point putting efforts into generifying the
current api.
If we discover that the JDK 1.7 api is too limiting thigs might change, though.

On the other hand, as the VFS api is today, generifying it might be a
"no-brainer" ;-)
We event might manage to generify without changed the VFS api - keeping it
backward compatible.

Ciao,
Mario