If the upgrade to Java 5 does not introduce new issues, I say go for it.

> I made changes on the VFS281 branch that require Java 5 as the minimum
> version internally but doesn't break compatibility in any other way. I
> haven't merged that to trunk because I asked for feedback and got
> none.  At this point I'm prepared to go out with 2.0 without this and
> then consider adding it to whatever the next release is going to be.

I like the "release early, release often" XP mantra. If we can get a 2.1 with
Java 5 support right behind 2.0, that would be OK with me too. The idea would
be to release 2.0 and release 2.1 ASAP just to move development onto a more
modern platform.

Gary