On 9/25/10 5:41 AM, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
2010/9/25 Simone Tripodi<simone.trip...@gmail.com>:
Hi again guys,
sorry the Digester 2.1 release is taking too much time but I'm still
assembling all the puzzle's pieces :P
What I miss now is how the site on

    http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/2.1/RC2/site/

has to be moved/copied/referenced on

    http://commons.apache.org/digester/commons-digester-2.1/

ssh to people.apache.org and copy from:
/www/people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/2.1/RC2/site/
to:
/www/commons.apache.org/digester/commons-digester-2.1/

No.  In Commons, the deployed site should be versioned 2.2-SNAPSHOT.

It is confusing and IMO unnecessary for us to include the site in the RC, since it is not actually part of the release, but we have traditionally done that.

See the post-release steps (5 - 7) here:
http://commons.apache.org/releases/release.html

First, update the POM to 2.2-SNAPSHOT. Do the other stuff. Generate the site locally using mvn site and then deploy it using mvn site:deploy

The latter can be used at any time to deploy the updated web site.

Phil