I agree with Mark's point about unfamiliar developers benefiting from
checked exceptions.  Unlike James, I like checked exceptions =), and I have
established "elegant" recoveries from various resource exceptions (IO, for
example) under many use cases (at least in the enterprise arena).

What's everyones opinion on more "descriptive" Exception typing to allow me
to handle specific failures easier (without additional testing)?  I can
probably go through my code and find some examples if necessary...