On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 2:23 AM, Mikkel Meyer Andersen <m...@mikl.dk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You're right, Phil. Support for beta is [0, 1] and not (0, 1) as stated on
> Wikipedia. As you mention, support for continuous distributions is closed,
> hence the corresponding isInclusive-functions can be discussed. I thought
> about it being useful for infinity, but we could let users deal with this
> themselves?

Yeah, sorry I missed this before.  It hit me when I was  working on the 2_X
retrofit and it looked like Beta was wrong (I see now Wikipedia seems to be
using some other definition - or is just wrong).  I dropped the
inclusive/exclusive functions there.  I think in the discrete case, this can
be handled by convention and the only issue there is the same as the
continuous one - infinities - but these are all the same.  So I propose that
we drop these functions in 3.0 as well.  The isSupportConnected property
still logically makes sense; though it is always true for the 2_X
distributions, so I dropped it there.

Phil