I think we should move the current trunk off and call it generics-RnD.

Then we should copy 3.2 over to trunk (or maybe 3.3, I seem to recall
that prior to merging the generics in we had a 3.3 ready for release).

We then release 3.3.

Then we start 3.4. We genericize some tiny part of it in a binary
compat way. Release.
3.5. Genericize a bit more. Release.
3.6... etc.

We use generics-RnD code, pulling it over (and maybe deleting when
considered happy).

Somewhere around about 3.28 we can decide to start on 4.0, pulling
over the remainder of generics-RnD.

Hen