Hi all guys,
I would *personally* avoid all that amount of work, people already
migrated to google-collections/guava so I wouldn't invest efforts on
providing releases incrementally, but rather focused on a fresh new
release that could attract again users that left us.
Just my small 2cents,
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Stephen Colebourne
<scolebou...@joda.org> wrote:
> I don't mind multiple releases with (2), thats a see how it goes type
> approach.
> Stephen
>
> On 5 August 2011 08:38, Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Repeating myself just to make sure you're in full agreement; there
>> would be multiple releases within your 2) state. ie) Maybe we
>> genericize one method and then release [to take it to extremes].
>>
>> Hen
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:33 AM, Stephen Colebourne
>> <scolebou...@joda.org> wrote:
>>> I agree with this. And I think it serves users better, many of whom
>>> have migrated to Google Guava.
>>>
>>> 1) New bug fix only release, JDK 1.4 compatible
>>> 2) New release with some generics, backwards compatible