On 22 August 2011 19:17, ralph.goers @dslextreme.com
<ralph.go...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> I have copied the distribution artifacts to people.apache.org:/www/
> www.apache.org/dist/commons/vfs and updated the README.html.
> I have published the site to people.apache.org:/www/commons.apache.org/vfs.
> I have told Nexus to release the component from staging.
>
> Am I missing anything? Is there something that needs to be done to "publish"
> these?

Patience ;-)

You need to wait until the mirrors have had time to catch up (allow a
day for the slower ones) before making any announcements, otherwise
there may be lots of complaints from users who cannot download the
release. [Happened recently with Tomcat].

BTW, I assume we will be leaving the 1.0 release artifacts as a legacy
release, as was done with Lang?