On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 11:56 AM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 August 2011 19:42, ralph.goers @dslextreme.com
>

> > I'm not a fan of deleting things until I'm sure I didn't screw it up.
> >  Unfortunately, neither of the two web pages I referenced are completely
> > clear on this part of things.
>
> WHich pages?
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/commons/CreatingReleases is the closest thing I've
found to how to do a Maven-based release.
http://commons.apache.org/releases/release.html (and its companion pages)
are more about the manual process.

The first page documents the maven release plugin but pretty much ignores
the Nexus repository and doesn't really discuss where stuff is supposed to
end up.
The second page is useful in that it identifies the specific locations that
should be updated but it completely ignores the release plugin and the Nexus
repository.

FWIW, none of the documentation covers the problems introduced by having a
multi-module project.