On 4 December 2011 19:08, Henri Biestro (Created) (JIRA)
<j...@apache.org> wrote:
> Redesign API for stability
> --------------------------
>
>                 Key: JEXL-123

??

> 2.1 has shown it was very difficult to evolve the features without
> compromising stability, i.e. respecting the contract made by the API.
> 3.0 main goal is to make the API stable, making clear where the difference is
> between "using" Jexl and "customizing/improving" Jexl.

OK, fine.

> Since it is targeted at new projects or at least very active ones, the
> deployment will require at least Java 1.6.

I don't see how it follows that Java 1.6 is required.

Pool and Math have been extensively reworked recently for similar
reasons and neither was changed to require 1.6.

Now if 1.6 is absolutely required to support certain new features,
that is a different matter.