sebb-2-2 wrote

>> Since it is targeted at new projects or at least very active ones, the
>> deployment will require at least Java 1.6.
>
> Now if 1.6 is absolutely required to support certain new features,
> that is a different matter.

I should have said that 'not useful' too.
I believe it is not useful to incur the cost of maintaining knowledge about
1.5 and 1.6 differences in this case.
I also think that if you want to use "new" stuff, it is better to avoid
putting it on top of unsupported ones (1.5 is eol afaik); instead of
adapting some code to Jexl3, someone would be doing a better job at
migrating towards Java 6.
Henrib