Hi, if I am allowed to throw in some (unfinished) thoughts into this discussion:

My preference would also be to keep the actual graph data structure lean and simple. As James pointed out, if algorithms need additional information, a function from the vertex/edge type to the target type is required. This could indeed be implemented in a very generic way using a functor interface (maybe with an underlying map as a default implementation).

The advantage over a pack of interfaces as I see it is that such functors could be added dynamically to a graph. Thus it could be adapted for the execution of different algorithms at runtime.

Just my 2 cents.
Oliver