I think QPD(ecode) is now OK; it handles lowercase hex and rejects
invalid characters.

Base64Decode handles valid input OK, and rejects some invalid input,
but could perhaps do with tweaking to handle PAD characters better.
At present it treats an embedded PAD as the end of input (as per
Codec) but maybe it would be better to only allow 1 or 2 PADs at the
end?