Dear [VFS] Developer and Contributors,

Please excuse the spam (bcc to all emails mentioned as developers (8) or contributors (6) in the project pom).

The project is currently a bit in sleeping state. I raised a few concerns and questions on the commons-dev mailinglist and wanted to direct your attention to the list - it would also help me to provide more patches when I know how you would prefer to solve things I raised.

Could you maybe get ack to the list and let us know if you have any current plans/needs with/for VFS2 and if you had looked at the recent VFS discussions on the commons developer list.

Currently I am mostly concerend with concurrency and atomic transactions, but also some unclear API meanings, dirty (commented out) code and the unit test "suite" system is somewhat confusing to use if you want to write providers outside of the main archive (with a -tests.jar dependency only).

I have two new providers, one which allows to project VFS on Blobs in a JDBC table and one which simulates a virtual filesystem on top of git-style trees. (https://github.com/ecki/seeburger-vfs2). For the former I need to implement some atomicity and concurrency (for the content). And for the later some questions around injecting the datasource and having additional fs operations come to mind.

Besides that it might be time to think about java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider as well.

If you feel fluent in one of the points mentioned let me know. (if too much discussion is coming out of that we can conser moving to an google group for those, but for now it is just a dream that that could happen :)

What would be the quickest way for me to get acccess to the VFS wiki?

Greetings
Bernd
--
http://www.zusammenkunft.net