Hello,

well I dont think we need to dig into the past, no matter if a RM is
assigned or not, a release will happen when people get around to do it.
And since the people who can do it are already overloaded it can get
tricky.

And I think the biggest roadblock is the large number of changes which
have been implemented and which need to be ironed out in terms of
compatibility. (Clirr Report especially).

Greetings
Bernd

PS: in VFS-523 there are some open questions. I would like to go with
the removal. However I think with updated hdfs libraries the windows
tests do not work anymore, which makes it hard for me to test.