I'm not sure I can help with tagging and deploying as I don't have the
permissions. However, I'm happy to help test the RC's, confirm MD5s, and
provide non-binding votes.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Bernd Eckenfels" <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
To: "Commons Developers List" <dev@commons.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 3:29:45 AM
Subject: Re: [VFS] Release Preparations 2.1 (again)

Hello,

I checked the release-plugin documentation and I cannot find a way to
specify different tags for the usage inside the prepared POM and the
Tag which should be used for actually tagging.

I also think this is pretty uncommon, and I would go with using the
final release version tag (commons-vfs2-project-2.1 or
commons-vfs-2.1 or vfs-2.1 depending on the outcome of the discusssion).

As mentioned before, I am fine with having at least one non-final RC
produced using a RC tag and the commons.rc.version=RC1 specified. But
as soon as we think we can produce a result I woul run the release
plugin with the final tag.

BTW: -P apache-release does not work with VFS as it fails the
source:single execution (missing assembly descriptor which is in dist/
for VFS). It seems to work with -Prelease, do we want to use this?

Gruss
Bernd