> Hi Benedikt,
>
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Reto,

> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Following the recent announcement and as mentioned yesterday I've
> started
> > > some steps towards commons RDF.
> > >
> > > The Apache Clerezza project has the goal to provide an "API modeling
> the
> > > W3C RDF standard without any vendor specific additions". We have been
> > > providing such an API for several years now and it has been used in
> > several
> > > EU research project and by the Dutch government.
> > >
> > > As Clerezza provides much more than just the API and many are just
> > > interested in this API without being interested in the rest of Clerezza
> > it
> > > would be good to have this API as apache commons. The API could also
> need
> > > some brush up following the experience of the past years as well as
> > > alignment with other API proposal.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure about hwat the steps should be done for the purpose of
> > > creating commons RDF.
> > >
> > > What I've done so far;
> > > - Discussion on Clerezza Mailing list [1]
> > > - Opened issue COMMONSSITE-80
> > > - Committed some initial code to the sandbox [2]
> > >
> > > I would be thankful for advice on how to proceed.
> > >

> > *copy pasting my answer from the other thread*
> >
> > We had a similar proposal a while ago [1]. Is the Clerezza RDF library
> > related to this proposal? In the end the people around
> > https://github.com/commons-rdf/commons-rdf decided not to bring their
> code
> > to Apache Commons, because they wanted to use github for development and
> > discussions. They already requested the commons-rdf git repository from
> > infra, which is now unused [2]. So if you want to bring your RDF library
> > commons, we can use that repo, I guess... I can help you with
> bootstraping
> > the component and bring up a website.
> >
> > That's great, your help is very welcome. Good to know there's already a
> git project, I'll move the code over. Another issue is the creation of a
> JIRA project.

Hello Reto,

usually projects at commons start in the sandbox. We don't create JIRA
projects for sandbox components, but instead use the SANDBOX project in
jira [1]. I've created a new component for the project called "RDF" which
you can use for RDF. When a commons component is promoted to proper we
create an individual Jira project (this usually happens when we release
version 1.0).

Benedikt

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDBOX