Hi,

On 18/12/14 13:43, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
We had a similar proposal a while ago [1]. Is the Clerezza RDF library
related to this proposal? In the end the people around
https://github.com/commons-rdf/commons-rdf decided not to bring their code
to Apache Commons, because they wanted to use github for development and
discussions. They already requested the commons-rdf git repository from
infra, which is now unused [2]. So if you want to bring your RDF library to
commons, we can use that repo, I guess... I can help you with bootstraping
the component and bring up a website.

as part of that initiative, I'd like to assert my opinion here. That we did not accommodate as project in Apache Commons is just accessory and not so important.

Andy already reply to COMMONSSITE-80,but I think this is a better place for such discussion.

Because probably many of the folks here are not so familiar with RDF, I'd like to introduce (my version of) the story: RDF is a directed labeled graph proposed by W3C as base data model for the Semantic Web. In the Java world there are historically two major toolkits (Apache Jena and OpenRDF Sesame) that with different approaches provide a RDF stack. Therefore there are many wrappers trying to 'integrate' both implementations, Apache Clerezza is one, but there are others.

The idea of Commons RDF as we conceived was to design together with those toolkits a generic API that new versions could implement and focus on implementing portable algorithms with a choice of storage. And that's basically the current scope of Commons RDF as I know it.

Therefore adopting Clerezza as a yet-another library does really bring any value to Apache Commons. Besides there are many aspects (blank nodes, etc) why I would never consider Clerezza as a generic RDF API, but that's another story.

FMPOV the decision of Apache Commons to grants write access to all ASF
committers should not be used as way out of dying projects.

But that's my personal opinion. I hope it would be taken into consideration.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager