On 18 December 2014 at 23:19, Luc Maisonobe <l...@spaceroots.org> wrote:
> This is a [VOTE] for releasing Apache Commons Math 3.4.
>
> Note that since [math] now uses git, access to the tag is slightly
> different from other components. To clone a fresh tag, run this command
> (beware I have split it in 2 lines below):
>
>   git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/commons-math.git \
>             --branch MATH_3_4_RC1

-1

This is insufficient to identify the code; branches are not immutable.

Most (all?) other Git projects use a URL which includes the hash.
For example, a current Incubator vote includes the following:

The Git commit ID is 94b42b85e80efd817f951326238864
e37edc2cb0
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-brooklyn.git;a=commit;h=94b42b85e80efd817f951326238864e37edc2cb0

> To verify the tag (as git does sign tags with GPG), use this:
>
>   cd commons-math
>   git tag -v MATH_3_4_RC1
>
> The site will be available in the staging area, it takes a few hours to
> transfer from my machine:
>   <http://commons.staging.apache.org/proper/commons-math/>
>
> Distribution files:
>   <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/math/>

-1

The revision number is needed in order to uniquely identify the
artifacts being voted on.
Alternatively, provide hashes.

> Maven artifacts:
>
> <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1066/org/apache/commons/commons-math3/3.4/>
>

> [ ] +1 Release it.
> [ ] +0 Go ahead; I don't care.
> [ ] -0 There are a few minor glitches: ...
> [ ] -1 No, do not release it because ...

-1

The NOTICE file needs severe pruning.
I don't think any of the attributions are required.