On 17 January 2015 at 22:18, Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/17/15 3:11 PM, sebb wrote:
>> On 17 January 2015 at 16:29, Mark Fortner <phidia...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Bulk JIRA changes prior to a release tend to swamp the list. Perhaps it
>>> would be better to close the issue as the work is done.
>> The convention is to resolve the issue when the work is done and close
>> the issues after the release.
>>
>> When bulk closing lots of issues, it's easy enough to suppress the email.
>
> How, exactly?  I used to be able to do this, but I don't seem to
> have the karma now or maybe I just forgot how.

Select the issues that you want to change

There should be a Tools menu item top right which includes Bulk change.

> Sorry for the hijack; but I agree this is noise that would be nice
> to suppress.
>
> The website commits are another morass.  I find that when I do it
> "manually" - command line checkin as opposed to counting on the
> maven site thingy - there is often much less noise.  Is there a way
> to do that "silently" as well?

Dunno.
Adjusting the way that Maven does anything is not generally very easy
as it is often buried in multiple layers of plugins.

It may be that svnmucc could be used; that tends to be a lot quieter
than svn commit.

We do now have a notifications list which is intended for build-bot commits.
It would make sense for commits to the live site to go there as well.
Those commits did not exist before svnpubsub, and they are not critical.
I assume that is something Infra can do quite easily.

The main commits list would then remain for code commits and source
document updates.