Hi Oliver,

On 05.11.16 21:18, Oliver Heger wrote:
> It seems that there are many breaking changes between this release and
> beta1; for instance, the clirr report for the core component lists
> numerous errors. Is it not against Commons policy to publish
> incompatible artifacts with the same maven and package coordinates to
> Maven central?

I thought that is why we call it "beta"? It basically boils down again
to the question what should be considered a public API (which btw hasn't
changed since beta-1).
I have no problem with changing the coordinates but I'm pretty sure that
the next iteration to 2.0 final will introduce more incompatibilities
and we may run out of coordinates...

As I see it, we are still in the transition from 1.3
(org.apache.jcs:jcs) to 2.0 (org.apache.commons.jcs:commons-jcs-core)
but I'm ready to change whatever is necessary to get this out of the door.

Bye, Thomas.