On 08.11.16 10:26, sebb wrote:
> Alpha should be used for unstable API
> Beta would be for unstable Behaviour (i.e. implementation)

That is exactly what happened. JCS actually has only 3 public API
classes, JCS, CacheAccess and CacheGroupAccess. These have been
redesigned for the step from 1.3 to 2.0 but are now stable for the 2.0
API (beta1, beta2). It's all under the hood that has changed.

> However I'm not sure that these should not be introduced in the middle
> of a stable version series.
> I would expect to find them at the start of a new major version.

Agreed. See above. That is what happened.

Now how shall we proceed?

I'd be willing to change the groupId/package name to
org.apache.commons.jcs2 or whatever if you insist that
org.apache.commons.jcs has been wasted on 2.0-beta-1.

However, I remain to be convinced that this is the right solution for a
beta cycle.

Bye, Thomas