I took a stab at adding module-info.java to [lang]:
https://github.com/jodastephen/commons-lang/commit/5d5dd6809eeef90ea2b6245c0d0a488fb917e30a

Since the maven-bundle-plugin isn't working, I had to use antrun to
copy the module-info.class file out and back in again. A gross hack.

There are two key findings:

1) [lang] currently depends on java.desktop. ie. the whole of Swing
and AWT. This is because `AbstractCircuitBreaker` uses
`PropertyChangeListener`. This was a big problem for the JDK too, and
they removed 6 JDK methods in order to avoid dependencies like this.

My recommendation is to remove the change listener methods.
Potentially this needs to be done aggressively in 3.7, which implies
deprecation in v3.6.

2) The DateUtilsTest does not pass for me on JDK 9. There are 6 test
failures, something to do with time-zones causing the BASE_DATE to be
set incorrectly. These failures occur without the module-info code on
JDK 9, so they need fixing anyway. The test does pass on JDK 8, so it
is a JDK 9 issue (Idon't have the time to really figure out what is
wrong sadly).

thanks
Stephen