Le 23/05/2017 à 00:52, Stephen Colebourne a écrit :

> One final option is to declare an optional dependency on java.desktop,
> such that the AbstractCircuitBreaker will fail to load unless the
> end-user manually chooses to add java.desktop. I don't like it, but it
> may be a compromise for compatibility.

Would it be possible to:

1. deprecate add/removeChangeListener, keep only empty methods
2. remove the underlying PropertyChangeSupport
3. not declare a dependency on java.desktop, even optional

In this situation will Java 9 be able to load and use
AbstractCircuitBreaker as long as the add/removeChangeListener methods
are never used? Or will the runtime check the method signatures when

Emmanuel Bourg