Hi Eric.

Le mar. 12 mars 2019 à 17:14, Eric Barnhill <ericbarnh...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> What I have now found, doing a bit of background research for this, is that
> there is a well-developed pure Java machine learning library called WEKA (
> https://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~ml/weka/) . It seems to have good
> institutional support and be well maintained. LIke I had in mind, the
> syntax is pretty intuitive and similar in style to Scikit-Learn. There is a
> nice tutorial using it that can be found at
> https://tech.io/playgrounds/3771/machine-learning-with-java---part-1-linear-regression
> which illustrates this. I don't know what I would want to do differently,
> that Weka hasn't already done, other than its targeting of Java 8. So I
> think it would probably be re-inventing the wheel to try to get something
> similar started here.
>
> I will re-focus my mind on trying to get some momentum for the stats
> functions, which is what I had in mind last summer. I do think if healthy
> momentum can build for stats functions, there is a natural fit for a fair
> amount of machine learning to be incorporated including our own mothballed
> clustering and neural net libraries.

There are also a couple of CM packages that would be worth porting
to [Numbers] or their own component:
  * o.a.c.math4.analysis.integration
  * o.a.c.math4.analysis.interpolation
  * o.a.c.math4.analysis.solvers
(with adaptation to the interfaces of Java 8 "function" package).

As for the "o.a.c.math4.ml" package, it should be fairly easy to
port it to its own component, as there are no dependencies towards
other CM packages.
It could be worth having a small component focused on classification.

WDYT?

Gilles