Hi Eric.

Le mar. 12 mars 2019 à 20:02, Eric Barnhill <ericbarnh...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 11:48 AM Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > There are also a couple of CM packages that would be worth porting
> > to [Numbers] or their own component:
> >   * o.a.c.math4.analysis.integration
> >   * o.a.c.math4.analysis.interpolation
> >   * o.a.c.math4.analysis.solvers
> > (with adaptation to the interfaces of Java 8 "function" package).
> >
> > As for the "o.a.c.math4.ml" package, it should be fairly easy to
> > port it to its own component, as there are no dependencies towards
> > other CM packages.
> > It could be worth having a small component focused on classification.
> >
> > WDYT?
> >

>  Interpolation I am well familiar with and have used the commons library
> before, and would be happy to mentor.

Thanks.
Could you perhaps start a thread about it (for reference), and open
a JIRA report (in project NUMBERS for the meantime, even if it
is probably going to end up in its own new component)?

> The other analysis libraries are pretty far outside of my expertise, and I
> am not qualified to mentor alone anyway, but would be happy to be involved
> and learn how they work.

Several classes in "solvers" can be easily moved to [Numbers] but I'm
not sure all should: It was my intention to create a "rootfinder" module
and move "BrentSolver" which is probably the most generally useful
implementation (in real applications).

> I guess I am not too interested in putting time into ML components if Weka
> does it better.

Fair enough if the intention were to develop a complete library for
machine learning. ;-)

Gilles

P.S. Do you know that a potential GSoC candidate is waiting for your feedback?
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STATISTICS-5