From: Gilles Sadowski
Sent: 25 March 2019 05:20
To: Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: GSoC 19: Information pertaining to 'Lagged Fibonacci Generators'

Hi.

Le dim. 24 mars 2019 à 18:42, Abhishek Dhadwal <dhadwal1...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Dear Sir,
> Honestly, I've no idea about whether this schedule is realistic. I mean:
> Assuming full-time commitment, it could probably be finished much faster. ;-)
> Oh, okay. As per your estimates, how many days should I allocate for the
> implementation and testing of each generator (inclusive of the time spent
> porting from C) ?

I'm not good at estimates. ;-)
In the end, if there is more time, there will always be something to do!

> At this point, it looks to me that the longest part will be getting
> acquainted with the framework of "Commons RNG" (and even
> this will probably look fairly easy once you get the hang of it).
> And how much time for this? I’ll update my timeline accordingly.

I designed the component, with the goal of fixing deficiencies[1][2]
of the "Commons Math" library and tried to provide a framework that
would be easy to use[3] (for users and contributors), but it's hard to
know how newcomers approach the result.
Alex went through this, so he can probably share his experience.

Best,
Gilles

[1] http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/userguide/rng.html#a1._Purpose
[2]