Hi Eric

Le ven. 31 mai 2019 à 19:29, Eric Barnhill <ericbarnh...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> This is well worth discussing.
>
> The protocol here could be improved. Where I work, we all write a lot of
> code and we all have write access. We also *always* submit PRs rather than
> push directly, and *always* request review from at least one other person.
> This is because it is always risky to push code that doesn't have other
> eyes on it.
>
> So whether you get/have write access or not, I think the protocol should
> always be PRs. That is common practice in industry. We could all make more
> use of the "request review" portion of the PR interface. For numbers, this
> might entail requesting review from Gilles and one peer. To clarify, this
> is only my suggestion and others may disagree.

Partly (depending on the contents of the change).
And if we think we missed something important, then "git revert" should
be fine to restart the discussion.

> Speaking to Fraction specifically where you have been contributing. First
> of all thank you for your contributions there. I just about finished my
> contributions to that module, but have been using my "Apache time" to
> mentor the GSoC coders, and have not had time to consider the recent
> suggestions. Please feel free to finish it and add your name as a
> contributor. If you do I would prefer that you submit a PR and request
> Gilles and myself for review.

The "fraction-dev" is fairly old (it does not work on travis anymore);
what about merging it to "master" (after a "rebase", I guess)?
Then we can ask PRs against "master" for the recent suggestions.

Best,
Gilles