Hi,

On 31.05.19 19:51, Gilles Sadowski wrote:
Hi.

Le ven. 31 mai 2019 à 19:12, Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de> a écrit :

Hi to all,

I have contributed some PR#s (via GitHub) to the commons-numbers
project...(They have been accepted and merged ;-))

I have some questions:

1. The documentation[1] states that every Apache committer has write
access to the commons projects.

In practice, you may still have to ask the PMC chair (Gary) to grant
you the access rights of the "commons" team.

That is just fine...should I send a mail personally to him?

So I could change to use gitbox directly via branch instead of GitHub PR's.

The question is: What is the prefered way to contribute to the projects?

   - via GitHub PR
   - via Branch GitBox ?

If it fixes the project config or many obvious little things like typos, and
you have the access rights, it's a lot of unnecessary work that I'd have
to do the merge.

That will remove a burden from other committers..but their help and
knowledge is of course appreciated and helpful. If I'm in doubt I will
ask...

If the change is related to the code itself, the usage could be to file a
JIRA report and post to the "dev" ML, asking whether there is any
objection to the change.  With only +1s (or the absence of reaction
after a few days), it's normally safe to commit the change yourself.

I already created JIRA issues for each thing I did in commons-numbers
..so I don't have any issue with this..The same working process as in
Maven Project...

And yes if we talk about real code of course it makese sense to have a
review on the branch before merging to master ...(Same as we do in Maven
project..)..cause others know the code better and of course more than
one pair of eyes helps...

2. I have already access to JIRA but unfortunately I can't assign JIRA
issue to myself ?

     Is this intentionally or is this an issue?

That should be fixed with Gary's action mentioned above.

Ok thanks.

Thanks,
Gilles

Kind regards