I’m having a hard time understanding the comparing APIs use case.  If I
were to want to try that, I’d create a branch and import the new dependency
version and see what breaks.  The performance part I wouldn’t think I’d use
one code base either.  I’m not suggesting my way is the only or best way,
just explaining why I’m having a hard time understanding what you’re
doing.  Maybe this will be a learning opportunity for me! :)