Build works on java8 with “mvn clean test install site.” On java7 and java11
“mvn clean test” works.

One curiousity, “mvn apache-rat:check” fails with 4 license violations, namely:

        src/native/unix/native/.indent.pro
        src/native/unix/configure
        src/native/unix/support/config.guess
        src/native/unix/support/config.sub

I think aside from these I would likely be a +1. The “.indent.pro” looks to be
excludable, the others, being GPL licensed, we may need to add to the
NOTICE.txt and then add the Apache 2.0 license header to them? IIRC, we should
be able to do something like that

Cheers,
-Rob