Hi.

Le mar. 30 juil. 2019 à 15:38, Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Yeah, Commons libraries are almost intentionally behind the times in order
> to provide functionality to the most people. Sometimes, Java even adds
> things that make a Commons library somewhat redundant in theory (like NIO2
> from Java 7 which could theoretically replace Commons VFS as an API).
>
> I can also say that personally, I can’t even think of a good Commons
> functional programming library that would be possible with the current
> limitations of the Java type system. Scala and now even Kotlin have a lot
> of interesting libraries in that space.

I certainly agree with Gary as to why "Commons" is not there being a
practical issue (of no concerted road map and lacking developers to
implement it).  However, did I understand correctly that you consider
such a development to be useless?  I.e. rather than updating "Commons"
do you suggest that application developers should not use it?