Hi Gilles
I can't speak for others, but I agree we would need to remove most of the code
that is now available in Java 8. I think [functor] would need more a place for
functional code that does not belong to lang, but is still useful to other devs
& components.

Bruno

    On Saturday, 3 August 2019, 1:48:50 am NZST, Gilles Sadowski
<gillese...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hello Bruno.

Le mer. 31 juil. 2019 à 08:05, Bruno P. Kinoshita <ki...@apache.org> a écrit :

>  Hi,
>
> >Or maybe more accurately, Commons doesn't have any libraries for this yet
> >(not like we're limited to purely Javahere).
> We have the unreleased Commons Functor. I believe this was the intention of
> the project, though it lost momentum.

The site is outdated: link to the source repository returns 404.[1]

> But some interesting code there that could be simplified and released if
> there's still interest.

>From a quick browsing of the documentation[2], it seems that a large chunk
is now covered by the JDK's "java.util.function" package.  If so, the first step
would probably be a purge of everything that duplicates functionality available
in standard classes.

It would be most interesting to read what the developers who contributed
to that component think.[3]

[1] https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-functor/source-repository.html
[2] https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-functor/apidocs/index.html
[3] https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-functor/team-list.html