> > [...]
> >>
> >> So a procedural vote requires a majority.
> >
> > There is a small majority (irrespective of the binding vs non-binding
> > categories).
>
> In votes ONLY PMC member votes are counted. Other votes are
> advisory. PMC members should take those votes into account
> when voting.

That's the point indeed: the "advisory" information was not taken
into account.

Last time the PMC turned down a contribution, the conversation
had made it clear that the donating people did not intend to
support it.
Here we have the "opposite" case: Code that is rotting here could
be taken back to life.  Yet it seems that sparing some bits on the
ASF servers is more important than having people feel welcome
to contribute here.

> If you don’t understand that concept you shouldn’t
> be on a PMC.

Sure. There is "concept" for that nowadays: Cancel culture...

> Trying to justify creating a new Commons component by endlessly
> discussing the topic just isn’t going to work.
>
> I’ll not be responding to more emails on this thread

... exactly (see above).

> as I consider the
> matter closed.

Gilles