Ping.

I've created a "neuralnet" module (for the ANN/SOFM functionality), in the
"modularized_master" branch, that can be used as a template for the feature
discussed in this thread.  Are you still interested in implementing it?
If so, I'd suggest
  commons-math-jdkmath
for the name.
It should be a "core" module (independend of the "legacy" module).