On Tue, 25 Jan 2022 at 05:43, Avijit Basak <avijit.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
>        I have missed the build report URL in my previous mail. Please find
> the same here.
>
>        https://app.travis-ci.com/github/apache/commons-math/builds/245277914

The version of Commons Numbers in the parent pom is the released
version 1.0. However some of the legacy classes are now using new code
added to the gamma package in the unreleased version 1.1-SNAPSHOT.

The master branch is correctly using the 1.1-SNAPSHOT. So somewhere
the feature branch feature__MATH-1563__genetic_algorithm has not been
kept totally in sync with master.

I can rebase the feature branch on master to correct this. But the
result would require a force push and anyone else using this branch
would have to reset their local copy.

Or I can merge master into the feature branch which creates annoying
merge commits in the history and the commit logs for the 1563 feature
are interspersed with all the other commits performed on master while
development was underway (i.e all commits are in date order
irrespective of the branch they occurred on).

I believe last time Gilles resolved a lot of the repeat commits using
a force push. If this is only being used as a work-in-progress (WIP)
by one developer then I do not see a need to avoid force push. This
would keep all the commits for the feature together in the git history
when it is eventually merged to master.

Gilles, do you have any opinion on how to manage the WIP feature branch.

Alex