What I mean is that Commons is open to any ASF committers, so the bar
to committing is super low. If you can handle the non-PMC-specific
parts of the release process (mainly having it all ready to run the
commands), then a PMC member can help with release signing and all
that. Volunteering to manage releases is a great way to get invited
into the PMC, too, so keep that in mind.