Hey all,

First time posting on here, so please let me know if I'm doing something
wrong.

I would like to report a bug with the daemon tool. I tried creating a JIRA
ticket but subscriptions are closed and I couldn't find information on the
project page on how to request one.

While investigating an issue we had using the prunsrv, we noticed that the
tool does not handle well StartPath arguments with a path that ends on \ if
they are encapsulated in quotes.

Apache daemon version: 1.3.3
Platform: Windows 10 Home 22H2
Binaries: AMD64/prunsrv.exe from the project native binaries download

An example to illustrate:
prunsrv.exe//IS//TestService --StartPath="C:\TestService\"
++JvmOptions9=-Dan.option="A value"

In the windows registry, the WorkingPath registry key under
TestService/Parameters/Start now reads: C:\TestService"
++JvmOptions9=-Dan.option=A
You can see that the path does not stop at the closing quote as expected.
The Jvm option is also not recognized.

If we install the same service without \ at the end of the StartPath:
prunsrv.exe//IS//TestService --StartPath="C:\TestService"
++JvmOptions9=-Dan.option="A value"

The WorkingPath registry key correctly reads C:\TestService and the jvm
option is recognized.

Someone else noticed on StackOverflow noticed the same behavior
https://stackoverflow.com/a/54118534/13618336

If someone can help me sign up for an ASF Jira account I'm happy to create
a ticket on this.

Kind regards,
Thomas