If we program it by hand it's something we could do, yes. Since we are
trying to program the installation of service through bat files and
variables, with paths coming from %~dp0 or %cd% we would have to implement
additional checks or workarounds
On further thinking, I realized I forgot about the parsing rules for
arguments in C. \" is a special case interpreted before it even reaches the
procrun code. This is not a design choice by the Apache Commons team and I
understand now why the original issue was closed.

 Maybe we could put a reminder in the procrun documentation to prevent
other lost souls from making the same mistake?

Sorry for wasting everyone time on something that wasn't an issue to begin
with.

Kind regards,
Thomas