Anjana G Bhattacharjee wrote:
-1 (unbinding)

because this vote, and the "dot it" slip, reminds me of a problem of
relevance when "dotting the i's and crossing the t's" when framing any vote,
so to speak

in this case, would suggest that there may be a significant difference
between the options of:

(a) closing women@ and
(b) setting up an autoresponder

agreeing to option (a) would mean that someone looking for the keyword
"women@" in order to discuss an issue that he/she/they may initially feel
fits into such a category, may not know to search for a "dev@" possibility
instead, and so remain silence(d)

I plan to post to women@ indicating that we are closing the list and d...@community welcomes their posts.

on the other hand, agreeing to option (b) could help mitigate this
circumstance

Thanks -- that's a terrific suggestion to auto-respond that women@ activity has moved to d...@community. If this vote passes, I'll check with infra@ to see if an an auto-responder can be set up.

regards,

-jean

but as the vote is currently construed, it is not possible to distinguish
between options (a) and (b), and so a simple vote count at the end of this
vote may miss the point

personally, would like to keep a place for women@ if only for such aesthetic
redirection for the time being at least ...

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <