On 27 September 2012 11:01, "Ulrich Stärk" <u...@spielviel.de> wrote:
> On Thu, September 27, 2012 11:24, Ross Gardler wrote:
>> On 27 September 2012 10:17, "Ulrich Stärk" <u...@spielviel.de> wrote:
>>> So an additional binary package including e.g. your Hibernate
>>> integration
>>> and a separate location in SVN/GIT where users can get the sources are
>>> OK
>>> IMO as long as both are not part of your official source distribution.
>>
>> This is not correct. The ASF does not maintain code under incompatible
>> licenses.
>>
>> Ross
>>

> Were did I say that? I'm talking about code depending on software with
> incompatible licenses, such as a Hibernate integration.

If you didn't mean a separate SVN/Git repo on ASF hardware then you
didn't say it and I misunderstood.

The code in question, at
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/camel-extra/ is under the
GPL. The questions, as I read them, can be paraphrased as "can we
develop GPL code using ASF infrastructure for everything else", from a
community perspective I would say the answer is no (which you seem to
agree with). I don't believe the question is about being legal able to
use the code, the PMC is already using it.

Ross