On 28 September 2012 02:41, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> Specific example.  OpenOffice podling has signed up for a security
> mailing list where we receive security-related bug reports from
> LibreOffice, an open source project that is LGPL/MPL, not ALv2.  We do
> this by subscribing our security list directly to theirs.  Is this
> against policy?   This seems directly analogous to a project receiving
> bug reports from a non ALv2 Apache Extras project.

This is completely different. LibreOffice is a separate project with a
separate infrastructure and community. The subscription of an ASF list
to a LibreOffice list is nothing more than a communication link
between two distinct entities. The proposal here is to not create a
separate project with a separate management structure but to simply
host incompatible code externally and manage it from within an ASF
PMC.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)