On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 12:31:44AM -0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
> [...]

+1 (as a subversion dev who occasionally reviews patches coworkers
are writing for git.git and libgit2)

While the choice of tool often does have implications for workflows
a project can use, this discussion is about community management,
not workflows.

No version control tool will help facilitate community management in
the slightest. Tools cannot reason about human interactions and their
consequences. There are suitable and unsuitable ways of using a tool
to accomplish a particular community management goal. But it's not the
tool's fault if something bad happens because humans make the wrong decisions.