On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ICLAs are still an absolute requirement. So, imagine an Apache project with
> a policy like:
>
>    Commit rights are granted on request to people with an Apache ICLA on
> file ...

OK.  I understand.  And I hope we think of "commit rights" in the
broad sense.  It is more than just SVN.  We have other systems where
access is keyed to an Apache ID.  For example: Pootle, which we use
for translations, has an enhanced set of rights that come only with
having an ID today.  Similarly in Bugzilla, we (OpenOffice project)
give extra permissions to those with registered email addresses from
apache.org.

So for us a very useful thing would be a streamlined way of granting
these non-SVN privileges that ordinarily are reserved for committers.

Regards,

-Rob