For sure, such an endeavour will take quit some effort and technical
resources.  Especially if we want to have this available over the entire
lifespan of projects.

Projects do generate a lot of data that can be used for statistical
analysis. Assuming over 200 projects and podlings, and each list having at
least 3 mailing lists, you are looking at a lot of data that needs to be
gathered and enhanced with data from other sources to ensure that the
information created is meaningful.

I wonder what technical solutions available under the ASF umbrella would be
suitable to bring this kind of information to project communities, the
board and everybody else interested.

And how this should be approached project wise, as I suspect that a lot of
skills and expertise is involved.

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*