It is sometimes the case that the individual, with power in the community,
can't work with another 'in his eyes difficult' person.

If his contributions are beneficial to the project, if others in the
project can work with that second person in the collegia/civil manner that
is expected in a communityl, how can it be acceptable that that first
person (the one with power who can't work with the other) can block
acceptance with a veto.

Voting against is not the same as vetoing!

Suppose one of you (with power) finds me 'difficult' within this community
(as this community is somewhat similar to any other ASF project). And
suppose I get nominated as PMC member, because of my good contributions and
of my ability to work with many others.

How would a veto (to have me in) inspire me to do more for the greater
good, but in stead lead to cycles towards being a loss for this community?

Vetoing people isn't a community builder. It doesn't help when it comes to
collaborating. It doesn't help when it comes to diversifying the community.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-