RDF can be serialized as XML, but the XML tool chain is not well suitable
to process RDF. That's what a meant when I early commented I was happy to
contribute proper DOAP/RDF infrastructure to projects-new.a.o.

Back to the current issues... see my comments inline.

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 7:51 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4 May 2015 at 18:00, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr> wrote:
> > I'm not a RDF expert: if someone with more knowledge on this can join, it
> > would be really useful
> >
> > But apart from seeing that most of the documentation was talking about
> pmc
> > instead of PMC [1] (I just had to fix 1 place), I was convinced that the
> > correct case is lowercase when reading asfext definition [2]
> > once again, I'm not an expert then could misinterpret the content, but I
> read
> > <rdf:Property rdf:about="http://projects.apache.org/ns/asfext#pmc";> as a
> > definition of pmc field, in lowercase
>
> Perhaps; I don't know either.
> It's a bit odd that the original code used PMC rather than pmc.

The term must be used exactly in the same way it is defined by the
namespace/vocabulary/ontology, otherwise won't be processed as expected.

> Also PMC is an abbreviation. RDF is also an abbreviation, and note
> that the XML tag is <rdf:RDF>, not <rdf:rdf>.
>
> It looks like namespaces (i.e. rdf, asfext) are lower-case, but
> classes/properties (?) may be upper (rdf:RDF), lower (foaf:name) or
> mixed case (foaf:Person).

That's the best practice, yes: classes in UpperCamelCases, and properties
in lowerCamelCase.

The root element <rdf:RDF/> is a special case, not a regular term, but part
of the RDF/XML serialization.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

--