Betty James wrote:
How do I get off this thread.  don't know how I got on

Just follow the instructions others have already provided. I'm putting you in CC in case you have already unsubscribed from this discussion list.

but I  am just a totally ignorant individual using Open Office and trying to
donate (which doesn't sound necessary anymore)

Actually, donations to OpenOffice and to the entire non-profit Apache Software Foundation are welcome! See http://www.openoffice.org/donations.html to discover the existing possibilities we have for donations. Thank you for your intentions, and sorry if some misleading instructions led you to believe you needed to subscribe to this discussion list!

Regards,
  Andrea.