Le dimanche 21 juin 2015 15:54:29 jan i a écrit :
> On 21 June 2015 at 15:48, Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On 2015-06-21 02:45, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> >> for me, the new site is ready: there is of course room for improvements,
> >> but
> >> it is stable and maintainable, waiting for contributions
> >>
> >> notice: I changed the wording to stop using "TLP", but use "Committee"
> >> instead, since TLP cause issues when trying to describe each projects
> >> (the
> >> software) as TLP or sub-projects
> >>

> >> when doing the switch, we'll need to rename current site as projects-
> >> old.apache.org: there is some content to migrate (DOAP, documentation)
> >> associated to communication with projects on the changes that has to be
> >> decoupled from public vizualisation. I'll continue working on it.
> >>
> >> There one choice to do: continue serving the pages from current VM or
> >> serve
> >> through standard resilient httpds. The VM is useful for cron jobs, but is
> >> not
> >> absolutely necessary for serving content since I removed online content
> >> editing that caused the VM requirement for content serving AFAIK. Using
> >> standard httpd will avoid SPOF or eventual load issue.
> >
> > What do you mean by 'standard httpd'? It already uses...standard httpd for
> > serving the site.
> > The cron jobs are needed for updating various statistics and data on the
> > site, they can't just be shut off - they also power reporter.apache.org.
>
> Maybe I misunderstood something, I understood that we are using httpd, but
> in our own vm. In my opinion it would be nicer to use the www.a.o httpd
> (sorry
> vms have been changing lately so I am not sure where it runs), since that
> would put httpd maintenance on infra instead of comdev.
+1
that was what I mean by "standard httpd" (ie not the binary but the machines
where it runs)

> > I think the site is ready for a more prominent role, but I find this
> > discussion confusing, and I find it somewhat sad that we're gonna stick
> > with something as arcane as DOAP.
>
> +100 !!
>
> DOAP == Dead On Arrival Permanently :-) JSON == Jump Simply On New
> (but I know I am only 1 voice).
step by step, please: this will avoid confusion between independant topics

switching without disturbing current conventions/knowledge is something that
already takes a long time and energy: I know it because I put a lot of energy
on it for a few monthes now!

We started a discussion on this source format topic during april, and AFAIK
nobody worked on it.

What I'd like now is to switch: we can discuss later on what we want to change
(and communication to every comittees this requires).
With the new site, we'll be able to change formats if we want, the only
requirement is to have json files for the visualization

Regards,

Hervé