On 15/07/2015 jan i wrote:
On 14 July 2015 at 09:06, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
On 13/07/2015 jan i wrote:
who takes lead on keeping an eye on the FOSDEM team?
I usually monitor that, and I can notify this list too this year (even
though now is way too early for me to have any ideas about my possible
commitment to an OpenOffice and/or and Apache presence).

thanks a lot for volunteering to help keep a finger on the pulse.
It might be that you do not have any idea about the AOO presence, but it
seems I am in a more lucky position

Well, it seems I didn't write it in a clear way. My quote above should mean something like "I have no idea if I will be at FOSDEM", not "I have no idea if OpenOffice/Apache will be at FOSDEM". I doubt that could be misunderstood, but with a lot of mails misunderstandings just happen and are not a big issue.

For reference: last year the call was mid-September with a deadline of
mid-November and the conference was in late January like this year.
The dates I have been told are saturday 30 january 2016 to sunday 31
january 2016.

These are the official dates, sure. I wanted to say (and here I admit I wrote it in a confusing way!): FOSDEM 2016 will be more or less in the same period as FOSDEM 2015. For FOSDEM 2015 calls were sent out mid-September 2014 with a deadline in mid-November 2014. It is reasonable to expect a similar timeline this year.

- AOO traditionally has a double table on the first floor, I would would
like (as ASF and AOO) to get 4 tables in the ground floor.

It would be great to have both, not at the expense of visibility though. I would suggest to wait for the call and read it before exploring possibilities. I'm much in favor of an Apache presence. I don't know if one can ask for a specific floor... but again, reading the call can probably help a lot!

- if we have enough projects, we can try and make a Apache dev.room (AOO
might prefer to be in open editors room). Is it ok if I write to all PMCS
asking for interest ?

I tend to think like Rich on this: a "virtual" track would be very smart (i.e., we --oops, I am already assuming I will be at FOSDEM!-- have a poster at the booth where we highlight all Apache-related talks), but these talks happen in different devrooms, since the devrooms are not arranged by Foundation but by topic.

- Which message to do we want to bring across ? just that we exist or more ?

More!

- Is the booth a place for people to join Apache, or just a "we exist, go
and look us up" ?

It is a developer conference. I would consider it a success if developers who visit the booth consider putting their "reasonably serious" projects in the Incubator and have a good understanding of the advantages this brings.

Please if somebody feel I bully by taking lead, please tell me

Come on... You are welcome to do so! Simply, I can't take commitments since at this moment late January 2016 is off the radar for me (to be clear, I want to say: it's too early for me to know whether I will be in Brussels at FOSDEM in late January 2016).

Regards,
  Andrea.